Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Time For Change

I had said in one of my latest posts that I felt like change was coming but I couldn't quite put a finger on it.  Well change has most certainly come.  It's not in the form I expected and it to be quite honest is a little scary but I have so much peace it's literally overwhelming.   So what is the change?

This change is that I quit my job of 6 years to go a different direction.  For those of you who have not followed me from the beginning I am a hair dresser and absolutely love what I do.  I have been at the same salon for the past 6 years and have become a manager and trainer for them.  I was paid hourly plus tips so not like your typical commission based salon.  Lately I had been feeling like it is time to move on.  I can't explain why just that there is something better out there for me.  Not that I didn't appreciate where I was because that is definitely not it at all but just a calling into a different direction.  So I typed up my resume and waited.  Over a few months time I had a few opportunities that came along that just didn't add up for me.  Let's back track a little for this to make sense: a long time ago God had spoke to my heart I could go to school for whatever I wanted to go for but in the end I would need to lay it down to do what He has called me to do.  I didn't really understand what that meant back then, I thought it meant going into ministry or something along that line.  No God meant it in the realm of being a Mom.  I am to be there for my kids, not put them in daycare.  By doing so this is in fact a sacrifice....I'm giving up time and space to grow in the career that I love along with being around adults my own age all day.  For anyone who knows me they will tell you I am a huge people person.  I love to meet new people and interact with them on a regular basis.  So I am lucky enough with my; I guess now I have to call it "old" job to be able to stay at home with Ezekiel during the day and then go to work in the evenings two nights a week and on Saturday.  Sorry I know it seems like I'm going backwards but really back to the story.  Last week I accepted an offer from a Salon that I'm still kind of blown away by everything.  They posted their resume, I applied and within four hours I had a phone interview, the next day a face to face interview then a job offer immediately...It was one of those things where before I sent the application in I prayed Okay God I'm following your leading and you are going to open doors for me to walk through if this is you and if not I ask you would shut the door.  So when the owner called me we talked and every single thing that proved the breaking point at other salons I looked at he kept saying: nope, nope doesn't bother me, not a problem ect;  So every single reason I gave him being prepared in order for him to say oh sorry that wont work just never happened.  So then I went a step further and said things I wanted and it was already what they practiced:  I can take as much time off as I want without penalties.  If I want to see my family during the holidays I can see my family, no black out dates.  Eventually more $$ once I get a full book.  I can get certified in a color line and start teaching educational classes with that.  The owner has actually done A list Celebrities hair and has so much to teach us  it's so many good things that I am super excited about!
  Where does this step of Faith come from then?  It comes from me starting over.  I no longer get paid hourly...a steady income ready to come all the time.  Now I must rely on getting clients in to see me and everything is commission based.  This will be good for me in the long run but scary until I get clients.  So hey if your in the Pittsburgh Area and feel like you need a new style ;-) just let me know.  Isaac and I both know this is what I am supposed to do.  It was definitely really hard thought to leave my clients and co workers who I have known and loved for the past 6 years.

It will all end up working out though exactly as it should.  It always does.  God is so incredibly faithful even when we aren't.

So that being said I think I should post some hair pictures...you know in case anyone feels like flying to me for their hair.










1 comment: