Thursday, April 17, 2014

Always Angry

So I have now been on the thyroid medication for over two weeks( I started April 1st ) and Oh My Gosh I am having some crazy mood swings!  So lets start with the fact that this is already an emotional journey but now I am just feeling so angry/aggravated at the littlest thing.  I can even be by myself and feel super angry at nothing specific.  I'm not feeling stressed or hurt or sad...just angry.  Almost like someone force fed me steroids and my body is going crazy.

Exercise is definitely helping to release some of this tension but on top of the mood swings I am also so incredibly tired all the time.  I can get 10 hours of sleep and all I want to do is sleep some more.  This makes it very hard to get myself to exercise. Before I started the meds I had been doing good on that front.  About two month ago I bought a treadmill and was forcing myself to walk/run 3 miles 5 days a week.  So far its been about two months and I have lost 8 pounds.  This is very very rare for me.  I have the hardest time loosing weight so I am excited that it finally happened.  But now that I started the meds I am just sooo tired and its even harder to force myself to work out. 

I'm hoping this will get better with time.  I'm believing it will.  I hope my body is just trying to adjust and it will get better.  I hate feeling like this.

Thankfully my husband is being incredibly patient and understanding and tries so hard to make me laugh whenever he can.  I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment