Sunday, January 15, 2017

All I can really say is Clomid is a miracle drug.  No I haven't gotten a positive pregnancy test or anything.  But despite being super hormonal the first week and half or so things have seemed so normal for me.  But even better than my normal cycles or even what I took last time(Fremara).  I have always since going off birth control 5 years ago spotted/bled or gotten my period 3 days past ovulation.  Well I am now on 8 days past ovulation and have not spotted even once!  This is a miracle for me on it's own!  I am just thinking to myself that this is how it is always supposed to be.  How it is for "normal" women.  Hey it is the little things in life.

So how are we doing?  Well I can say that this two week wait is definitely different than any other I have ever experienced.  Normally I would be analyzing every single thing that happens thinking it is a sign for something but this time I am just kind of going with the flow of things.  Letting it happen on it's own.Which this in and of itself says something.

I have become slightly obsessed with working out.  Last time on fertility meds I gained 10 pounds almost immediately but I was determined to not allow this to set me back on everything I have worked so hard on.  So I took the side effect of clomid which made me feel like I drank 10 energy drinks back to back and ran with it.  Using that as motivation to work out. Get fit and keep moving.  So far it has seemed to work wonderfully.  Not only have I not gained any weight this month but I lost weight and can now say since March of last year I Have lost almost 30 pounds!  Wooo!  Yes feel free to applaud for me.

Now we come to talk about the other transitions in my life.  Well things definitely have been a challenge so to speak.  I like to be busy and productive and now we have reached the slow period of work(for salons across the board) where everyone just got their hair done for the holidays which is great and awesome but now comes the time to work your butt off to try and get more people in the chair.  My pastor taught a wonderful sermon though last week on stewardship and how stewardship is every single thing we do in our lives after we say we believe.  In this we need to take into account: REST.  The world has come to say that we are only as valuable as we are busy.  That if we aren't busy then we must not be as good as we should at organizing our lives, being productive ect;  But God calls us to Rest.  That during the slow times in our lives it causes us to put complete trust in him for our future.  I loved that!  I loved everything about it.  Today's sermon was on WORK and how with every gift, calling job we do we should do it with 100% in order to glorify God.  He used the example of a street sweeper.  Some might think oh what a lowly job but how is that job and less significant than anyone's.  “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”  Because you give your all and you do it in a way to glorify God.

I've thought about this a lot over the last couple years.  On how I can use my career to be a blessing to others.  And I know what I am going to do.  I know what God has called me to do.  Just not quite sure how it is going to come about.  But I Know that He will lead me.  Already he is opening doors for me to begin down that path.  So every day that is what I will do.  Every day I will go forward step by step in the direction I believe He wants me to go.  God I give you my future, I give you my present.  I give you my career, my family, my wants and my desires.  I ask that you would direct me in all things to make choices that will indeed glorify you.  ~Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment