Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Morning of the Sonohysterogram

2/11/14 10:20 am
So I'm about to leave to head to my Dr appointment for the Sonohysterogram.   I have to say I am honestly a little nervous.  I keep telling myself that this is something thousands of women do every year when struggling with fertility.  I think it's more fear of the unknown of what it's going to feel like.  Good time to practice breathing exercises I guess.  But when I get back I want to get on here and give an account of how it is in case anyone needs to know what to expect.  That being said look for the edit at the bottom of this entry in a bit. 


EDIT: 3:15 pm


So it went well- no pain at all a little discomfort or pinching I guess you could call it- Just like my pap smears.  But apparently I have a very sensitive cervix cause I started bleeding even with just the vaginal ultrasound probe so when she went in to insert the catheter I was already bleeding so she said she has not seen someone bleed that much.  When I stood up after it was done it poured out of me with the rest of the fluid.

She wasn't concerned when I told her I wasn't bleeding at all till after my vaginal probe, so its probably just kind of sensitive due to my lack of use since we've been having to abstain (my own opinion)

She found a fibroid, but it's on my outer uteran muscles and less than 2cm so it's not in a place it will effect becoming pregnant(but does explain the long periods since its on the outer muscle so it had trouble contracting) but also anything smaller than 4cm they don't remove.  So all is well.  I have a nice healthy looking uterus just ready and waiting for a baby. 

So on to the next test :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment