Thursday, December 29, 2016

A look back on 2016

2016 Is coming to a close.  A lot has happened this year, mostly all good things:  Went to Louisiana twice.  Went to the beach in North Carolina.  Visited Isaac's parents a few times.  Had an unexpected positive pregnancy test.  Even if this did not take I still count it a positive.  It was the first time in over 4 years.  As of two days ago I started clomid.  And last but certainly not least my job change back in October.  I'm listing this last so that I can talk about it.

I said I would strive to be honest with my readers.  To let you guys see into the inside of my heart and mind.  Well I'm not going to lie this transition from working someplace for the last 6 years into starting from scratch has been scary.  Making my own name for myself has been one of the scariest things I've done in a really long time.  Even with all that fear I knew that it was exactly what I was being called to do.   I would have slow moments and jokingly think to myself well I can always go find a job somewhere else that has walk ins if I need to.  But even through the joking I would hear almost a resounding NO in my spirit.  Knowing this wasn't what I was supposed to do.  I would remind myself that I knew I was where I was supposed to be at this moment in my life.  And if God called me to start anew He would take care of the rest as long as I was faithful.  So I gave it to Him.  Every part of my business.  He is the one that I will rely on.  Money isn't everything of course but when you suddenly don't have what your used to having it can definitely be a scary thing.  But when I am in doubt He is faithful.  Beginning in the month of December I slowly had people I didn't know calling or messaging me for appointments.  They saw all the work I was putting out and wanted to come see me: My Hair Page  Next thing I know the little goals I set for myself (3 color clients a week, ect) are being met.  Even if it isn't happening till the week before.  But everything is falling into place.  I'm excited to see it continue to grow.  I don't see myself there forever but definitely where I'm supposed to be for now.  

As to beginning Clomid, another separate exciting adventure all on it's own.   So far (only on day 2) no bad sad effects which is awesome.  I feel really hyped up almost like I drank three pots of coffee on my own and have had trouble getting to sleep the last two nights but that could be too that maybe I did in fact drink coffee to late during the day.

It's amazing to me though how different stepping out into this journey this time is compared to last time.  Last time I felt like I was slowly dying each month that I didn't get my positive.  This time I feel overwhelmingly grateful already for the little miracle that we have and I love him so much I want another one.  And knowing how it worked last time I already feel like I assume it will work this time.  There isn't a doubt in my mind.   I feel it so strongly in fact that I started painting the room that will end up being the new kids room once we have two and deciding how I want to rearrange the crib with a toddler bed.   I think though if I am proven wrong in this that a whole new can of worms will open up.  But for now I will take this.

So all in all 2016 has been an amazing year to say the least. 


No comments:

Post a Comment