Sunday, May 25, 2014

I must accept His path

A long time ago I made a commitment to the Lord to allow Him to rule in every area of my life.  I agreed to follow wherever He would lead and to accept what ever He would have me accept.  I knew that His plan's for me would always far outweigh anything I would ever come up with for myself.    Now that the time is nearing where acceptance may be in the future I feel this commitment challenged.  I told Him long ago that I would serve Him no matter what......Well today I revisit that commitment and realize that this pertains to that just as much as my own salvation.

I call on the Lord for help because my desire to truly lay down my dreams is there.  But it is just so incredibly hard.  It's like a piece of me is currently missing.  But not only for my sake but my husbands.  I know He will make an incredible Father.  And when we married it was with the dream of having children and enjoying that walk together. 

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.~John 12:24

If what's to come isn't what I want I ask God for the peace to accept that.  


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Living One day at a time, step by step day by day, accepting what's on my plate and Trusting that He really is bigger.  Lord I cry out to you for your peace in this.  Help me I pray Lord.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment