Monday, May 19, 2014

We got the Go Ahead!

We got the go ahead!


This past weekend I was in Oklahoma for my best friends wedding.  Before we left to drive down there I received a phone call from the dr's office. I had my thyroid levels checked to see if they were at a place yet I would be able to receive treatment and they were! So We got the go ahead, starting this next period I will go in on cycle day 3 and they will do a vaginal ultra sound to make sure my ovaries are cyst free, along with run some blood work to test my current hormone levels. I will get all those results back the same day and if they are good then I will go back and get the medication to start. So I will start pills for 4 days then go in for a surge confirmation test around cycle day 10 or 11, but either way on cycle day 12 I will go back in and do another vaginal ultrasound and blood work and if everything looks ready for Ovulation I will be able to do the trigger shot. Then wait a few days, go back in to confirm that I did actually Ovulate with blood work then finish up with daily shots of progesterone(these I will administer to myself).

So really when it comes down to it it's just a matter of seeing if I have any cysts. As long as I am cyst free then I'll be good to go, if not then we have to wait until next cycle and try again.

Isaac and I have both agreed consecutively that we will only do 3 cycles of treatment. And if that doesn't work we will stop, obviously it is not what God would have for us and we will look into starting our adoption process. There is so much work that goes into that, I feel like it just takes us into another section of crazy.

It's taken so long to finally get to a point where I am able to get treatment that I just need God's grace to handle His will.  It's easy to say that I will be okay if I can't get pregnant and just adopt.  But words are so much easier to say then have actual actions follow suite.  I know the promises God has given to us and I know that we will have a son one day.  But beyond that what happens in between?

Lately the dream and desire of working with orphans in Africa has started to be rekindled. Its something that has always been there but its like the fire has died down to embers but from somewhere a light breeze has been blowing causing these embers to grow hotter and brighter. I know that God's timing is perfect and that one day we will go but it's so hard to see how on earth that would happen. But I know I serve a God of miracles and it's not my job to make things happen. He has proven time and time again that He is bigger than ANY problem that comes my way and that he is bigger than everything that would try and come my way.

Lord, I know you are in control of everything that is in our lives. You see the beginning and the end. You know what our future holds, you know why we go through every single obstacle that comes our way. I ask that you would give me peace that surpasses every understanding. Help us to be able to accept what ends up happening no matter if its what I want or a completely different direction. I ask for your direction Lord. 

On another note I'm only on cycle day 21 and it looks like I have indeed already ovulated, which means that I ovulated a week earlier than normal.  So I am hoping that that means that things will come into play quicker.  Though I do find myself getting guilty with the thought that I will be starting my period within the next week and I will have to call off the day I go in for everything right after vacation.  I have only ever called off work 1x besides being snowed in.  So I hate it but know that I need to. 

So that being said within the next week things shall begin 

No comments:

Post a Comment