Monday, May 26, 2014

Not good news(Estrogen level's went even higher the Dr is mystified)

So I've included some of the history here since I feel it is important for those reading this who don't know the full extent of everything and don't want to start from the beginning.  For those of you who read and follow on a regular basis simply skip down past the italicized words and you will be able to see what the newest update is:  

We have been trying  to get pregnant now for almost 2 years.  Back in October my thyroid was a little high(5.6) and since we had already been trying for over a year I went to an endocrinologist  to try and get on some thyroid medications to see if it would help.  I chart my temperatures and could tell from charting that a lot of things where consistent with hypothyroidism.  A little of my back history.  I have 31-34 day cycles.  I do not ovulate until cycle day 28ish the longest luteal phase I have ever had was a 5 days but most of the time it is only 3 days.  My periods are always at least 11 days in length, most of the time this does not include the light spotting that takes place two days before hand.  So I knew there was a problem so my dr sent me to an endo and had my blood work redone and it came back normal..(2.21) they want you below 2.5 if your are trying to conceive, so still due to my other problems my endo decided to put me on metformin for pcos.  I was on it for 3 months still no difference except I actually started to bleed after sex and occasionally between periods...my endo said this wouldn't be caused by the metformin.  So In February we decided to go see an RE- she wanted to retest everything and told me to stop taking the metformin(which when I stopped all the bleeding stopped) since my endo did not do any tests to back up if I had pcos, so we did all the preliminary tests: hsg sonohystagram, vaginal ultrasounds, blood work on set days everything.  Turns out after all that my thyroid went back into Hypo again.  I also had high estrogen that month but I also had a cyst on my ovaries(this can cause the high estrogen) So she told me she wants me to go on Levythoroxin for 6 weeks and to get my thyroid below 2.5 before we begin fertility treatments.  So I did and after 6 more weeks of waiting got the go ahead my thyroid was good!  


 So on Friday(cycle day 2) I went in to the Dr the plan was to just get my baseline blood work done, check for cysts and then start me on Fremara cd 3-7 then possibly get the trigger shot when I'm ready to Ovulate, then a 20 day progesterone regimen.  So I get a call from the Dr that my Estrogen is at 100(this is almost in the pregnancy range) they did a pregnancy blood test(negative of course since I only ovulated a few days before)  So they told me to wait and come back in on cd 5(today-Memorial day) to see if my estrogen levels go down, they need to go below 88 to be able to do any type of fertility treatments.  So I went back in this morning and had my blood work redone.  I got a call from the Dr's office my estrogen actually jumped from 100 to 139 in these two days.
My Dr is "mystified"  I do not have signs completely consistent with pcos(none of the bloodwork backed it up) I was negative for hashimitos yet my estrogen is getting higher and is now in the range of pregnant women on day 5 of my period. 
So she is having me take bc a month and is going to see if this will help suppress whatever it is that is causing the elevated estrogen.  She said if this doesn't work she doesn't know what can be done and she will have to reach out to someone else to see if they have any suggestions.  This is a very rare occurrence.  It's not unheard of just very rare. 

I know we will have children one day and all this nonsense will just make it more precious to us when it does happen.  I just have to continue to believe God for a miracle.  On the bright side by starting this birth control I will be able to try and start the next treatment sooner, hopefully in just three and a half weeks.  So better than waiting for my next regular period to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment