Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Silent Meditation

So today as I played worship music, drank my coffee and tried to take some time to listen to the Lord and just allow my heart to be at peace Psalm 4 stood out to me:

Psalm 4NKJV

The Safety of the Faithful

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.
How long, O you sons of men,
Will you turn my glory to shame?
How long will you love worthlessness
And seek falsehood?
But know that the Lord has set apart[a] for Himself him who is godly;
The Lord will hear when I call to Him.
Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And put your trust in the Lord.
There are many who say,
“Who will show us any good?”
Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.
You have put gladness in my heart,
More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep;
For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

But know that the Lord has set apart[a] for Himself him who is godly; The Lord will hear when I call to Him.
 * He always listens even if He doesn't answer right away.  And even when it seems like He is so far away He is ALWAYS there listening.  Always knowing that when He does answer it will be because it is His most perfect timing to answer.

Be angry, and do not sin .Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.  
* Anger is an emotion, and Our God does not ask us to mask our emotions.  He does not ask us not o be angry only to not sin as we express our anger and disappointments.  There is a difference between speaking the truth of how you feel and speaking of the injustice of God.  Our God does not ask for a robot.  He tells us it's okay to feel what I feel for He will hear me when I call to Him.  That being said He expects me to call to Him when I am dealing with these emotions not to bottle them up inside. 

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the Lord.
*Sacrifices of Righteousness- What is a sacrifice?  Webster's Dictionary defines Sacrifice as follows:
the act of giving up something that you want to keep  especially in order to get or do something 
else or to help someone.  So a sacrifice is a putting away or killing something lesser for something greater.  So a sacrifice of righteousness is a  sacrifice where we lay down our own fleshy desires and uphold His glory within us despite the situation or circumstance. So much easier said than done but never the less it is a command.  He commands us to Put our Trust in Him sacrifice our flesh for it is for a bigger cause even if we can't see what that cause it just yet.


You have put gladness in my heart, More than in the season that their grain and wine increased.
He gives me the joy of the Lord so no matter how the storm around me rages on I can have His joy and see the rainbow through the rain.  
 

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Peace-I feel this is something that really can not be described fully by words.  I thank the Lord for His peace that guards my heart every day.  Every day His peace is there to say, I'm here I see you it's okay.  Even though today has so many problems, trials and I know tomorrow will see even more His peace is there to let me know He sees it all.  He allows me to lay down in peace to rise in peace to dwell in His safety.  This may not be where I saw myself being 5 years ago.  I thought I would be on the mission field hands in the dirt  with myself going and being in the nations but instead for now He's called us to be the senders.  But even if it's not where I thought I would be I can dwell in His safety knowing there is no safer place to be than to be in the place and timing of the will of God.

I use to get little signs of confirmation on a regular basis that Yes my child you are where I want you.  But those had become less and less.  Until recently they have started coming back.  I think referring back to my post about glassy waters during that time it was an imminence peace and stillness.  Even in my quite times I would have such quite and no answers.   

Now I feel a little breeze beginning to blow.  The waters are beginning to stir.  And yes I am referring to moving forward in the Dr's visits and treatment but it's more than that.  God has begun working in our spirits for something that is to come.  Isaac and I haven't really talked about it  I don't feel its time but I see it.  

I see it in the way he looks at life and in the way he carries himself and lives.  God is moving and doing something that will be great in both our lives no matter which way this wind begins to blow.  I am excited yet nervous all at the same time.  So this scripture really spoke to me today.  I loved it.  

Thank you Lord for what you are doing in my life.  Thank you that you will open up the windows of heaven so that there is not room enough for us to receive it.  God I ask right now that you would help me to lay it all down every day.  Myself as a sacrifice of righteousness.  Lord take me in your Arms and teach me to love all those around me constantly.  I surrender it all to you every day!  I praise you Lord!  In your holy name~Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment