Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Back to normal

Since getting my period back it seems like everything has actually evened itself out in my body.  I am amazed yet in shock all at once.  I had no signs that ovulation was coming: negative opks, no egg white cervical mucus and I had even checked my cervix position occasionally to find it wasn't where it is supposed to be during ovulation.  But low and behold according to my temperatures it looks like I ovulated.  And of course the timing of sex wasn't exactly ideal.  (sorry for the poor quality picture I had to pull it off my phone.)


I guess time will tell if I really did ovulate then or not.  Of course I couldn't help myself to start thinking oh my goodness what if we get pregnant.  On cycle day 14 when we had sex and according to the temps probably ovulated I was so dry we actually used preseed to have sex because its painful without lubrication now.  I just have to laugh at the irony of that.  Maybe it was God's way of trying to get us to have another one.  Isaac would be over the moon.  I would definitely be happy(they would be Irish twins) but I would also probably have a mini panic attack.  We did talk and decide though that if I am not pregnant this month then we will use condoms until December.  I wanted to wait till he was 6 months before we start trying again.  I know that seems silly it's only a few months away but I've seen how much he grows and changes in just a matter of weeks so a few months makes  a big difference.

That being said I am loving life right now.  I love being a Mom, I love my work schedule and my life in general.  Life for the most part is full of joy.  Now don't get me wrong its not all cupcakes and roses.  Isaac and I had a good talk last night though about how having a baby changed things for us and how it has made it so we bicker over the stupidest things.  So we talked about what we think we need help with from the each other and what it is that we need to change.  It was very needed.  I shared with him how I feel like a lot of the times me taking care of Ezekiel is looked at as my job since he works full time but its our job.  I go to work when I'm not with him otherwise except for maybe once a month its all about me taking care of the baby.  We both need time to get out of the house for ourselves, we need to make time for each other.  We just have to communicate instead of assuming the other person knows what needs to be done.  I need to stop hellicopter parenting and let him get on his own schedule with Ezekiel.  I need to express my confidence in him when it comes time for him to be alone with him.  I need to be willing to ask for help.

On a lighter note I figured out where my little ginger baby came from.  I took a picture of myself as a baby out of storage and I had red hair!!!  So I took the liberty of doing a side by side comparison:




We look so much alike its insane!  And I'm not going to lie I love it!  I love looking into those eyes and getting a huge smile.  I love making the little guy laugh.  I love how everyone looks at him and says oh my goodness he looks just like you.  I love it all! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment