Tuesday, December 16, 2014

13 weeks

So This week I am officially entering into the second trimester.  It's so exciting to be here.  Every night after I have been working or moving around I sit on the couch with Isaac and begin to feel the flutter's of life as the little one squirms around in the womb.  At first it was so light I couldn't really tell what I was feeling.  I was thinking maybe it was gas or something like that but over the past week and a half it's only gotten stronger and more noticeable every night.  Some nights the little nugget is a little more active than others and to be honest on those nights where he/she is not as active then I get on my guard and try make sure I'm paying attention so I can feel the movement.  And just like that whenever I am feeling nervous I'll feel it.  Almost like it senses I need to know it's alright in there so it will wiggle around for me. 

I had my 13 week check up today.  It went really well.  I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  It was beyond amazing.  I loved it.  She said everything was sounding perfect and it was looking like a happy/healthy little baby.   She wouldn't do another ultrasound and recommended pelvic rest until our anatomy/gender reveal ultrasound at 18 weeks.  So we will continue on this path I guess, though tough it will be worth it.  I lost a little more weight so in total I have only gained one pound which she said is right on track for what she wants.  This entire pregnancy she only wants me to gain 20-25 pounds total.  So I guess if things keep going the way they are then I'll be right on track. 

We scheduled our gender reveal ultrasound/anatomy scan for January 19th.  I am so excited to find out what we are having!  I have no preference still.  And I can't tell if it's because everyone is telling me they think I'm having a girl but I keep picturing a little girl's nursery.  But it could just be because I keep hearing that over and over again.  Either way I will be just so incredibly excited. 

The Midwives are saying I'm 13 weeks and 1 day and that my due date is June 22nd.   I still think it's the 23rd and we are one day off based on my ovulation day.  But at the same time I kind of like being one day ahead just because it puts me to holding my little miracle even sooner.  Even as I'm typing this I feel the little one just fluttering away in my uterus.  It makes me so incredibly happy.

In other news I also found a great find of a used changing table for only $35 and we bought a really nice pack in play from a friend of ours for $30.  So little by little we are getting the things we need.  I only want to get the really big things such as the crib, rocker, changing table and dresser before the baby shower.  I feel like everything else i can just wait till after.

As of the baby shower the plan is May 9th and I have a ton of family/friends both driving and flying in from out of town to visit/come for it so I'm requesting the week off so I can actually spend the week with everyone in town and enjoy the whole time. 

So as always on my weekly updates here is my 13 week update:

No comments:

Post a Comment