Thursday, December 18, 2014

Food Adversions

So this past week has been so strange. Since getting pregnant I haven't had any desire for sweets or some of the things I normally would eat.  Which I was absolutely fine with.  But lately I just can not stand meat.  I am okay with ground beef(tacos, bugers, spaghetti ect;) pretty much anything made with ground beef but nothing else.  I can't stand chicken, eggs or anything.  I try and eat it and just start gagging.  I made delicious chicken marsala the other night it tasted amazing but I couldn't bring myself to eat the chicken in it, though taste wise it tasted fine but the texture just grossed me out.  So I ended up just having the rice and sauce together and it was delicious.  But really strange.  Well it's been like this for the past week slowly building up but also getting worse.  This morning I made eggs for breakfast with some cheese in it started eating and almost through up in my plate as I sat there.  I just couldn't take the taste.  I guess baby is just being really picky.  I don't feel nauseous.  I don't feel sick its just certain foods I try and eat them and NOPE not gonna happen.  It would make me giggle if it didn't leave me hungry every few hours.  I bought a lamb leg roast for Christmas dinner I am going to try and cook and I'm praying I can eat it because it sounds really good.  In fact all the food has sounded really good but I just can't eat it when it's in front of me. 

In other news my family bought their tickets to come up for my baby shower!!!  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to have them here and just love on them so much.  I feel so incredibly blessed things are just moving so fast!  I can't believe I'm already 13.5 weeks.  I remember like it was yesterday looking back at all the hardships and trials and just wondering when I was going to have my turn.  And here we are.  It reminds me of Isaiah 45:2-5

I will go before you
and will level the mountains ;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen,
I summon you by name
and bestow on you a title of honor,
though you do not acknowledge me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you

He brought us through all those hardships.  All those mountains.  All those stressful situations and times where we just didn't know if we could handle anything else.  
God thank you for bringing us to this place.  Thank you for your faithfulness and your grace.  Thank you that you have truly blessed us and provided for us.  Thank you that you will continue to open the doors that you want opened for us and close those you want closed.  Thank you Lord Jesus.  ~Amen

1 comment:

  1. Just to wish you a merry Christmass and a blessed 2015

    ReplyDelete