Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Stress Release



Tonight I just needed some quiet time.  Not that I haven't had time alone.  But when I've had time alone I haven't been able to get myself to really relax or enter into the presence of Jesus.  I've had a lot going on at work that is just really frustrating me.  I have so many things to think about with the baby coming.  But then to top it all off I'm just so incredibly tired all the time and baby brain has made it where I can not seem to function.  I can't find things I just located and my mind races constantly.  I needed to just veg.

So I took some candles, ran myself a bubble bath turned off all the lights put on some worship music and just relaxed.   It was beyond amazing.  It's as if I could feel the stress just seeping out of me.  It was so incredible.  As the worship began to play I tried to just take myself into a time of prayer but found I couldn't.  I didn't know how to pray for the things that were bothering me right now.  But then I realized it's okay.  It is not about our words, or even the actual requests we need but just about the heart and the things that God has for us.  And what He has for us every day is to just sit as His feet and feel loved, protected and at peace.  And that is exactly what happened and it was amazing. 

Thank you Jesus for this time of relaxation you have given to me.  I needed it more than I realized.  There is nothing like resting at your feet Lord.  And at your feet is where I want to be always even in the midst of chaos, stress and aggravation I want to allow your peace to rest upon me and help me to react in all ways like you would.  Thank you Heavenly Father.  ~Amen

On the baby front nothing really to new to report.  I lost almost two pounds this past week so now I've only gained 1.2 pounds so far this trimester.  Not really sure how that happened I've been eating three meals a day and forcing myself to snack.  But it might be WHAT I'm eating.  I'm eating a lot healthier and sweets just really don't appeal to me very much.  Either way they say you should only gain 1-5 pounds the first trimester so I guess that's a good thing. 

Today I officially turned 12 weeks.  I can't believe next week I'll finally be in trimester two!  That's just so exciting.  I think I've definitely started to feel little flutters from the baby.  It's very sporadic and still down towards my uterus/pelvic area but it will be like a really light brushing on the inside of my uterus.  It normally happens after I've been walking around at work all day then sit on the couch for the first time in a while to relax then after I sit there for a bit it will start off and on.  It's amazing.  I can't wait till I can feel actual kicks and defined movement. 

Here is a picture I took yesterday.  It looks so pointy here but I love it either way! 

Please excuse the mess on my dresser.  


No comments:

Post a Comment