Friday, April 3, 2015

How is the third trimester treating you?

So this is a question I have been getting a lot and I kind of feel like it is a loaded question.  I absolutely love being pregnant.  But with my stomach getting bigger I am most definitely getting into a new level of discomfort that I didn't experience before. 

Ezekiel's movements are getting stronger which is so amazing and awesome and I love.  And every day I get bigger and bigger and further along and just know that my baby will be coming into my arms so very soon.  That also means he is getting bigger which is causing a few not so comfortable things to come with it.  It's getting harder to breathe when sitting down.  But then I feel like I need to sit down because I'll be on my feet and start getting braxton hicks, and have trouble holding myself up for so long on my feet.  On top of that sometimes my regularity has gone back to being a little backed up.  It's like pooping can occasionally feel like a victory.  I'm thankfully mostly regular but the day's I feel backed up just make it even harder to breathe, move around comfortably.  Then I can barely put my socks on even sitting down.  Bending over to pick anything up has begun to hurt and just over all be really uncomfortable...so I hate to admit it if I drop something now most of the time I have to do a mental calculation on how bad it is if I just leave it there. Sleep has begun to become just a dream I wish I could have.  I will toss and turn all night trying to stay comfortable.  My hips will hurt so bad....not the sciatica but where my actual sides/hips are and it makes it really hard to walk once I wake up and move around and to even just roll over. 

So that being said there are definitely more pros then cons on my positivity level but definitely feel the hardships of the third trimester coming forward. 

Going  a different direction I can not believe the things that people say to me.  Not even just being pregnant but in general.  For example here is a story from today:

I'm walking back into work from my lunch break and a coworkers client is walking toward me getting ready to leave and she calls out when are you due? I said June and she comes up in front of me kinda blocking my path and she feels my belly and says your having a little girl aren't you? I said no its a little boy, she stands back and says boy?  I was gonna say boy.  I was a obgyn nurse for 25 years..you want to know what it is with the boys it means you climaxed during sex to conceive so it made the male sperm swim faster. I looked at her thinking I'm being punked right now right?

I really just can't believe the things that people say/think is okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment