Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day 3 taking Femara

Today is cycle day 5 and my period had ended!  I am so incredibly excited.  I did have some very light spotting today but going from 11 day periods to a 4.5 day one is AMAZING!  I'm super happy about it.  So far things seem to be going pretty well on Femara.  Tonight will be my third night taking Femara.  So far only very small side effects: Head ache, sleepy and feeling bloated.  But a few minutes ago I just got hit with a HUGE hot flash and a stomach ache at the same time.  I ran to the bathroom stripped off all my clothes and was still too hot so as I'm sitting on the toilet wishing my stomach would just explode instead of giving me this uncomfortable pain I get even hotter but don't have anything else I could take off.  I wanted to take a layer of skin off or lay in a bucket of ice cubes.  Wow that was insane.  Thankfully it didn't last very long and both passed very quickly. 

Its so worth it and I know it!  I'm so excited to be on this chapter in my journey and if I have to go through this for a few months it will be so worth it.  I think the hot flashes though are pretty much the worse that comes with Femara so I am lucky there.  I still can't believe that in just a week I should be ready to ovulate.  That idea just sounds so foreign to me!  But I'm super excited about it.  I'm hoping for a few mature follicles so that I have a higher chance of  having one of them turning into our baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment