Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Second Beta

Things are looking good.  She said the numbers are still low but that everything is just looking like a very early pregnancy.  My first Number was 26.2  and the second one was 148.7.  She told me she was going to have me come in for one more beta on March 1st and then have me see the obgyn later that week.  I told her I decided to go with a midwife for birth instead and asked if the Dr wanted to see me for a set amount of time before I transfer to them.  She put me on hold, I could tell she was a little shocked.  She came back and asked if the midwives actually do prenatal care?  I explained(or tried to) how it really isn't any different but that they work with the obgyn you saw on your other tests if necessary and then move forward from there.  She said since that is what I want to do they will release me now and just have me follow up with them but to let them know if they need anything. 

I thought it was a little sad she didn't know what a certified midwife does.  But I feel at peace with this decision.  It has sucked to have so much out of your control and to rely on other people to be able to go forward to get pregnant.  Being with the midwives makes me feel normal in a way.  I feel like it's just so less invasive. 

So there we have it.  My numbers more than doubled.  A super early pregnancy and I am just going to trust God that He has his hands on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment