Thursday, August 13, 2015

8 Weeks Old

He is 8 weeks old today and just so stinking cute!  I am so very much in love with him.  And I'm also so thrilled it seems like his red hair is staying.  At least for now.  I always thought to myself I would love to have a little ginger baby but I never bothered to pray for it since I have always had blonde hair and Isaac has brown the only person who has red in their hair that I'm aware of its Isaac's Mom who has strawberry blonde hair.

His personality is coming out more and more.  He loves to look around and observe things.  He has begun to reach out and hit at and occasionally grab at things.  Any time his pacifier(binkie) is in his mouth he grabs onto it and just holds it...sometimes accidentally knocking it out of his mouth.  But he's getting so very big.

I only have just over 3 weeks before I go back to work and just the thought of it makes me so sad.  I thought about working a 8 hour shift without seeing him and got all teary eyed.  I know I'm only going to have one day a week like that but still it breaks my heart.  I told Isaac I feel like he is going to double in size on those days!

But I know I'm just being a little ridiculous.  But love does that to you.  He is definitely going through a growth spurt he has begun sleeping a lot the past few days.  But it's amazing to watch him begin to notice the world around him.  I'm excited to see the rest of the world come to light for him.

Here are a few photos we took today.  I promise before I snapped this selfie he was very happy.  I swear it's like he knew I was trying to get a cute picture of the two of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment