Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Only a few more chances


I had a Drs appointment today to discuss where we need to go/do because currently the medication they gave me(progesterone) that is supposed to keep my period from coming after ovulation is just not working.  At 7 days past ovulation I started bleeding and Aunt Flow seems to be trying to make her way in. 

We decided if my period does come then next cycle we will change it up.  We will keep with the dosage of Femara(the alternative to Clomid) only we will need to change the days I take it to force ovulation earlier cause even with the medication this cycle I still didn't ovulate till cycle day 17-19 which is too late for me with my short luteal phase.

Then after ovulation we will be switching my progesterone to progesterone and oil shots-this is what they typically will use with ivf ...since my body is not responding to the progesterone I'm on now as it should.

We also talked about the next steps....they will only allow me to do 3 more treatment cycles(6 in total) before IVF becomes my only option.  We discussed the possibility of doing iui's(inter uterine insemination) but Isaacs count is high enough she doesn't think that will actually bump our chances up very much only 1-3% at most. 

So we had prayed and asked for answers on how long we should continue this path and it seems that answer is made up for us.  I don't know how I feel about IVF it is so much money for just a chance that you might get pregnant when we could just head towards adoption like we wanted.  I had always said no absolutely not but the closer I get to that being the only option the more my stance on that waves.......Its scary to know that an end might be in sight.  One way or another a close to this chapter in our lives will be happening by January and that just breaks my heart, relieves me and angers me all in one go.

I know I don't have a choice this is the journey I am forced to walk and I will try my best to do it with a happy heart.

For now she wants me to continue on the progesterone even though I am still spotting until 14 days past ovulation or I get full flow.   I kind of feel like that is just postponing the inevitable but I'm grateful at the same time to since it will give me a  little more time before our final treatment cycles begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment