Friday, October 31, 2014

6 weeks 4 days

We went in today for our second ultrasound in order to see the heartbeat.  It was absolutely beautiful!  It's beating at 123 beats per minute.  They did see a shadow on the ultrasound that they couldn't tell what it was.  So we then left the hospital and just 20 minutes later I received a voice mail saying they needed to have me come back in for another ultrasound.  She said that they don't know what they are seeing so I need to come back in for another ultrasound.  So of course since this was just via voice mail my mind immediately was going to worse case scenario.  So I called and asked them to call me back.  So when they did they were able to explain more in detail and put my mind at ease.

She said they weren't sure what it was.  That it could be nothing but there was a shadow that could be a cyst or structure on the sac but they didn't know what it is so they want me to come back in on Wednesday for another ultrasound on a high tech machine in order to see if its really there and if so what it is.  I asked her if I need to be concerned about loosing my baby at all.  She said not at all.  That if they thought there was any danger in me loosing my child they would send me to the ER and immediately have it looked at.  She said it could end up being nothing.  But that at the ultrasound everything looked really good and that the ultrasound tech just mentioned that she wasn't concerned but that maybe we should get a better picture on a better machine just to be on the safe side.  AKA maybe to cover their bases.  But oh man that was so incredibly stressful.  But now after talking to the nurse in detail about it I feel so much better.

 

So now I'm just trusting God and praying and believing that when I go back in on Wednesday it will be nothing.  That everything will be perfect and exactly what it should be with everything in place. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you will get good news on Wednesday.
    God blessings and protection be with you and your baby.
    Thats a strong heartbeat :) all will be well.

    ReplyDelete