Sunday, March 15, 2015

Seek First His Kingdom

Jesus you see our trials, our frustrations and our aggravations.  Lord you see it all.  I just ask for your peace.  That you would lead and guide us in the path that you would have us to go on.  Lord your word says you make the crooked places straight, you lead us through even the darkest valleys.  You open doors for us That you want open.  I feel somewhat like David in his psalms where he cried out to God for deliverance; and a little like Job where hit after hit after hit comes up against us but through it all, I still feel your underlying Joy.  It seems to put a new understating to: Nehemiah 8:10"....This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." God that underlying joy:  The thing that nothing can quench shall be my strength.  Its what keeps me from falling into despair.  It's what keeps me from giving into worry.  In Matthew 6: 25-34 you commanded us not to worry.  You commanded us to follow you and to seek after you Lord.  Matthew 6:33 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."  God I ask that you would show us how to make sure we are seeking your kingdom first and foremost.  Show us the way in which we should go.  God I ask for your favor to fall on Isaac as he goes out for these interviews next week.  Bless him.  Provide for him.  Give him favor with the future bosses.  God we want to seek you first.  We want to go after your name and your name alone.  We praise you for that Lord.

While sitting in Church I found that paper that last Sunday I wrote down what the spirit of God was speaking to me:  

I see the future, I see it all.  My peace rests upon you.  I have a plan I have a place I know where I want you to be.  I will open the door for Isaac that I have planned and my provision will continue to rest on you.  I will allow my testing to come.  I will make you stronger.  You two seek first after me then everything else will be added to you.  

Like I said in my entry from a few days ago.  I didn't understand what he meant when he said trials where going to be coming towards us because it seems like everything had been falling into place.  But I will continue to seek after him.  I will continue to trust in Him and rest in his way.  I have no control over this situation so why worry.  Easier said then done at certain times that is for sure.  But where I am weak He is strong.  He has not only our future in his hands but this amazing little man who is coming to join our family in June.  He will not let us down.   
   Matthew 6:25-34“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? “And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?“And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! “Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ “For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment