Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Two AM Bleeding Scare

A little background before we get into the scary story.  Yesterday I had my 24 week appointment and everything looked great.  Ezekiel actually still seems to be measuring perfect.  Though since we didn't do an ultrasound she couldn't tell me exactly what he was measuring.  But she did use a tape measure to measure the fundal height.  I was measuring 26cm.  Where I should be measuring anywhere between 24-26 and every week from here on out it should jump up one cm....but she said it isn't a direct science so it can give or take a little but that it's perfect and just where it needs to be.  At first when she went to feel and try and find the fundus(top of the womb) the first time she pressed down I felt a sharp pain, but  then the next time she pressed down I didn't feel anything so I just let it go to gas.  So far this pregnancy I've gained about 10 pounds which she said is excellent. And I also did my glucose test and past.  They want you below 139 I was at 109!  So that is awesome.  Another didbit of info you need for the story is that yesterday throughout the day/night I was coughing so much with drainage and flehm that I started dry heaving, coughing up a little throw up and peed my pants(some of the pregnancy things they don't warn you about).

So Now for the Scare:
Consider this your official tmi warning 
 
 Last night I had a huge scare.  Though everything worked out good/okay it was not fun.  A little after 2 am as I was in a deep sleep I woke up and simply rolled over to change positions and got a huge shooting pain down that entire side of the stomach/womb.  The only way I can describe it is it felt almost like I pulled a muscle, but my first thought with how painful it was was that something detached that shouldn't have.  It was only inside the womb/stomach area and on a scale of 1-10 it was at least about a 6.  Once I'm laying on the other side I feel the baby and everything just kind of shift and with it the horrible pain lessened and seemed to move too until it went away from that sharp stinging but I still felt really sore almost like I pulled a muscle or did a really big abb work out the kind you really regret the next day.  But my stomach was even sore/painful to the touch and I couldn't put any pressure on it even from my hand or arm without being uncomfortable. Well it must have woken up Ezekiel because he starts kicking like crazy after that and as I'm trying to doze off he is kicking my bladder and I start feeling a heavy pressure in my cervix area...almost like I need to push but I feel like it could be gas too so with my sore side I get up and waddle to the bathroom and I'm spotting!  So I freak out...first with the pain, the pressure then the first spotting I've had in 8 weeks.  It was just scary.   But I could feel Ezekiel practically doing summer salts in the womb so I could tell he was happy and fine.  And since I had just had my 24 week check up yesterday and they stated everything looked good and right on I was trying to remain calm but they also told me at this point if since my SCH(subcorionic hemorrhage) was gone at my 18 week scan if I ever notice any bleeding or spotting to call them immediately as it can be a sign of something serious or even possibly preterm labor.  So at 2 am I had to call the hospital and ask to speak to the midwife on call then wait for her to call me back.  Which thankfully she called me almost immediately and was so sweet and reassuring about the whole thing.  She asked a bunch of questions got the info from me.   and said she actually doesn't think the two are related.  She thinks I pulled a muscle because It didn't sound like it was a placenta detachment.  And that she thinks the spotting might be either baby jumping on the cervix or from me coughing so hard last night to the point of dry heaving and peeing my pants that it might have irritated the cervix.  But that it's weird the two co-incited within 15 min of each other.  So she wanted me to try and go back to sleep if I could but to keep an eye on it throughout the night and if I started getting any cramps, or leakage to call her back immediately and we would meet up at labor and delivery.  So of course I got no sleep last night.  Every little thing my body did was analyzed.  Thankfully the spotting tapered off and never got to the point it made it to the panty liner on its own or any heavier/darker.  Since then whenever laying down though I've had a lot of pressure on the cervix area so that's kind of making me think it might be baby jumping around and a mix of needing to empty my bowels.  Since I've also pooped 3 times since 2am too.  Which actually confuses me as I've been really regular pooping on my own at least 2x a day.  I didn't even know I had that much more in me to poop out.

My sister is a labor and delivery nurse who delivers both with obgyn's and midwives and she called me early this morning since I had sent her a text at 2 am telling her I was calling my midwife and why and asking her to call me and she asked the same questions and agreed with the midwife that that is what it sounded like.  She encouraged me to just take the day off and rest, drink lots of water, keep my feet up and just see if the spotting comes back or if cramping starts up. 

Ezekiel has been very active since everything last night.  And thankfully I was only scheduled a short day today from 10:30-2 so I called off.  Though I give my boss kudos, because I feel so bad with the way it happened.  Even though I was perfectly calm and collected at the beginning of the conversation and I know everything is okay, and nothing is wrong when I called my boss to tell her I was going to call off for the day and the poor thing ended up having me cry in her ear.  She asked if everything was okay and all the emotions of the scare, all the thoughts that had run through my head the past several hours, the what if's everything just came out in a bundle of tears.  Even though I know everything is fine I just couldn't hold in my emotions.  Which when your crying and telling someone everything is okay your okay, I'm not sure how convincing that is.  But she's so understanding and an awesome person she helped me calm myself down at that moment.  So today shall consist of staying in my pjs keeping my feet up and drinking a ton of water and trying to rest.  I'm hoping I'll be able to get some more sleep soon if not just yet.  I still feel wide awake.  But Ezekiel is making sure that I know he is right here with me. 

 All I could think about last night when I was trying to go back to sleep(which never happened) was if something where to go wrong I don't know what we would do.   I was worried about Ezekiel, I was worried about the now and the future.  The thoughts of I have to work full time right now there is no choice, I can't do bed rest; that my baby needs to be in my womb for at least another 12 weeks ect where constantly running through my head.  Hopefully even longer.  With all the emotions last night and this morning when talking to my midwife, my sister and even Isaac as it was all going on I kept it together so nice and calm but it was like I couldn't keep my mind from trying to go to worse case scenario.  I just kept repeating to myself over and over again as I laid in bed that I am no longer under the curse of the Law that Jesus takes my sickness and my infirmities.  That a full term labor is what God has promised me from the beginning. 

I am pulling back out that book supernatural childbirth.  I had a feeling I needed to pull it out last night and go and proclaim those things over myself again but just kind of shrugged it off....but now I think my Spirit was trying to prepare me for last nights scare. 

That being said I would like to celebrate the fact that I have indeed made it to 24+ weeks so Ezekiel is now viable and able to survive outside the womb!  Though of course that is NOT my desire and I'm not accepting that for us either.  I want my little man to cook as long as possible.  June 22 is his due date and June 22 or around that week is when he will come. 

So here are my belly growth pictures so far: 
 

 












 And then As of Yesterday:



No comments:

Post a Comment