Monday, March 16, 2015

Started My First Session of Hypnobabies

I can't believe I'm here already.  Starting to prepare myself for labor.  Its so exciting!  So for those of you who haven't been following me from the very beginning let me explain that on top of doing a natural birth with midwives I also plan on using hypnosis and breathing to experience as pain free a labor as possible.  So for those of you unfamiliar with hypnobabies here is the gist of it.  It causes your mind through breathing, relaxation, stretches ect; to let go of the "pain" and interpret it as pressure.  We as women were created to give birth.  That was our bodies natural design.  According to scripture we were not made to have painful labor.  In America in particular with movies, stories ect; we have been taught since we are little that labor will be painful...but why?  Why does it have to be?  Our bodies were made to stretch made to flex made to push out this baby.  Uncomfortable...yes but painful why?

So I will be using Hypnobabies in order to try and calm and relax myself during labor and give myself as pain free an experience as possible.  Here is the website where you can learn more:



So  today I started my first class session.  I definitely got into a super super relaxed hypnotic state....but to a point where I was forgetting to really breath like i should and felt out of breath/shortness of breath, but then again I get this now during pregnancy in general.  So could have been that so I tried to move and re situate myself into a more comfortable position.  BAD idea if your in a hypnosis state where you aren't supposed to move.  From the top of my head all the way down to my feet I got insane fiery tingles.  So I was trying to catch my breath, cool down and get rid of the pins and needles my bodies asleep feeling all at once.  So I had to count myself back up before the cd was finished.  This happened right at the last 10 minutes.  So I just listened to the rest of the cd with my eyes closed but not exactly zoned out like I should. But that being said I can tell the hypnosis will definitely work on me.....I just have to concentrate on my breathing a little more I guess...didn't help I have an EXTREMELY stuffy nose right now so it made it a little hard to do some of the breathing exercises they wanted.  It's also the very first time I've ever used hypnosis too so either way it was different.  I will see how tomorrow's session goes.  I have to say though when they said to test your eyelids it worked...I couldn't open them.  Very neat indeed.  It was funny though as soon as I got into the deep relaxation little man started kicking like crazy!  It was like he wanted to be involved.

On another note things are really looking up for Isaac.  He heard back that the company he interviewed for on Friday really liked him.  Then He has 4 interviews this week...two on the same day.  So things are looking up.  I think he will have something set by the end of the month.  Though now we are just trying to get in touch with his old company(we had tried to contact them last week and on one responded) on the list of clients they had, since there is a non compete clause we need to make sure he can accept the positions that will be offered.  But what do you do if they don't get back to you?  I can't imagine they would be able to hold that against him.

So we shall see.  Keep him in your prayers for favor and God's blessing.  And for peace for him. 

On another note 26 weeks today.  Only one more week til trimester three.






No comments:

Post a Comment