Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Back to the ER

Yesterday we ended up back in the ER due to me having more bleeding.  Only this time it was even heavier.  It seemed as if someone had turned on a faucet and it began to pour out along with clots(some bigger than a silver dollar).  It was so incredibly scary. 

Thankfully though this visit to the ER was much better than last time.  The Dr actually knew what she was doing.  Immediately took a Beta to see if it was higher than on Sunday(it was) then sent me to ultrasound.  The ultrasound tech had trouble getting some pictures she needed.  But in the end:long story made short mainly because I don't really want to relive the nightmare.  Everything ended up working out.  Baby is just as strong, maybe even stronger, as last time with a heart beat now of 169 beats per minute.  They said everything looks the same.

I asked then what is this?  Should I wait to come in next time, I don't even have this many clots on my period.  The nurse who I asked this question said that she works at two different hospitals and she had a young girl who had the same thing happen to her.  That she ended up coming in and out of the er for a few weeks. 

I talked to someone else who had this same thing and they said they also bled like crazy didn't for a day bled like crazy then didn't for a day then had a third day of heavy bleeding then didn't for a day.  So I guess what I'll do next time is wait an hour and see what happens.  If the bleeding continues then I will decide where I should go from there if it stops I'll call my midwives let them know and then decide on a course of action.

With everything going on in our lives right now this little baby is our source of joy.  But even this has started to become something that would be so easy to panic on.  I have peace.  Even when sitting in the ER yesterday I had peace knowing that God is in control.  But man was this scary.  I don't understand how I could be bleeding that much and have nothing be different.  But they said if the blood doesn't get absorbed back into the body then the body will flush it out.  Oh I so hope its done with its flushing. 

Today is going to be a day of fun but also taking it easy.  We are going to go on a Louisiana swamp tour with my Dad to feed alligators and let Isaac get a good look at the Louisiana swamps.  So I'll be sitting most of the day sitting and resting. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are ok and the bleeding stoped.
    My dear friend, I am so sorry that you are facing all this.
    I pray that your baby is safe and happy and growing.
    I think the death of your brother could have caused the bleeding.
    I read that a pregnant lady should not stressed or shocked.
    I have a friend who also told me that when she was pregnant, she got some really bad news and an hour later she started bleeding heavily, but her baby was fine and he is a healthy 4 year old now.

    ReplyDelete