Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Feeling Like An Old Lady

Today was my first day back at work since my maternity leave.  I only worked 4 hours and even then didn't have a really full book but by the end of those 4 hours I was just so incredibly exhausted already.  Getting around is not as easy as it use to be.  There is no such thing as walking a straight line anymore just a simple waddle.  Okay more like a penguin style waddle.  I did pull/bruise a muscle on my left side which hurts insanely even just when I take a deep breath.  If I cough, sneeze laugh or even just try to take a deep breath to clear my throat I get a insanely sharp pain where I feel like I'm being stabbed in the side.  My midwife took a look and said there really isn't anything they can do about it just for me to take benadryl, Tylenol and to ice it or use heated compresses whichever gives me more relief.

I can not wait for this beautiful little angel to get here.  I really am crossing my fingers though that he doesn't come early  though.  I really want my Mom to be able to be there.  At the same time I know I will be ready and waiting to welcome him into the world whenever he is ready to come. 

I did find that some clients were already booking for when I come back with my current schedule so I wrote my boss a letter letting them know my hours were going to be changing for after the baby comes.  Though I'm not sure how exactly that is going to take place beyond going down to a very limited part time schedule.  We are going to wait till after maternity leave to play around with the schedule, let Isaac talk with his boss and see what we can work out.  I really don't have any idea how things will pan out since even still the earliest he has ever gotten off/home has been 6pm but a lot of the time even later.  On Friday I had to go and pick him up from work after he worked a 14 hour day and got off at 11pm.  But I am not going to worry about it.  Isaac has been gaining favor with his bosses and I'm going to put my trust that God will pave the way...He always does.  And see where to go from there. 

In other news my mother in law started her chemo.  She has good days and bad days.  But her attitude is an absolute inspiration.  She doesn't know how, if or when she will be able to come up to visit after the baby is born.  So that's one thing we will definitely want to do is make a few trips down there as much as possible with the baby before she starts radiation and can't visit. 

And here are a few more pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment