Saturday, May 16, 2015

Lost My Mucus Plug

I'll just go ahead and put the TMI warning now: It happened while I was at work but don't worry I'm not going to post a picture, though I will admit to having one I was very grateful I had my purse handy with me.  I felt like something was hanging out from down there....that's really the only way to really describe it so I went to the bathroom wiped and out came this greyish/yellowish tissue onto the toilet paper really thick, hard and rubbery and was over an inch long.  I took a picture of it so that I could send it to my sister who is a labor and delivery nurse and asked her if this was my mucus plug that I lost.  She said she isn't sure but that that is what it looks like so probably.  I also sent the picture to a friend of mine who is a Dr who just had her baby a few months ago and she agreed as well that that was what it was.  So of course this doesn't mean I am going to go into labor any second... I'm not having contractions, cramps or blood and Ezekiel is moving just as normal as always.  But I do have to say I think it's a combination having sex Thursday night where I orgasm-ed followed by hours of contractions, being so busy at work not being able to sit down much and he is so low now especially today I felt him constantly pushing, punching and clawing at my cervix.

I'm excited but of course kind of nervous.  This shows that my cervix is definitely starting to dilate.  Though a few weeks ago I had asked my midwife about loosing my mucus plug and she said it would be completely normal to loose it around this time but for me to call if I see any more spotting/bleeding that they want to know about it. 

The LAST thing I want it to have my water break while I'm at work.  I really hope he stays in at least until 39 weeks.  Just let me get to when my Mom is coming in.  Of course we will be thrilled to welcome him into this world whenever he is ready but he needs to stay cooking for at least a few more weeks. 

It is getting really hard for me to work the schedule that I have.  I don't move as fast as I used to at all...not just because I'm bigger and move slower but also I feel like I have to really really concentrate on what I'm doing.  Pregnancy brain has moved beyond just forgetting things.  The fluid haircuts and colors I used to do without an issue now require a LOT more concentration and are just really hard for me to do it as smoothly as before.  I have to really  concentrate, not that that's a bad thing but it is pretty exhausting. 

So that being said I have the next couple days off and plan on just resting, relaxing and trying to get myself ready for the next 5 days of work. 

I will admit i stopped and looked at the calendar and if I make it to my planned maternity leave then I have 19 days left of work.  It sounds so little when I say it like that but man that one day can just be a doozy. 


As to my rib cage....still very bad/sore.  Still pops in and out of place when I cough, sneeze, or even just laugh too hard.  It is definitely not very fun.  But I've said it once I'll say it again so very worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment