Sunday, May 3, 2015

1000 Things

I feel like there are a 1000 things on my mind and in my heart that I want and need to pray for.  But I just don't even know where to start.  I take comfort in the fact that Matthew 6:8 says: ".... for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."  I will start to pray then just feel so very overwhelmed.  Like I don't even know where to go with my prayers.  

Father you see my heart.  You see me overwhelmed and worn.  You see my heart wanting to pour out into others along with myself and my family.  You see how Isaac and I are wanting direction for our lives as we start this new chapter in life.  This amazing beautiful but scary new chapter.  God you are the creator of all things.  You see the future you know where you want us to be.  You know where you have called us to go.  Lord right now I make my requests known to you without a lot of rambling, without a lot or words.  God I ask for direction for Isaac and I.  For wisdom and to be good stewards over what you have given us.  I ask for healing for my Mother in Law who started chemo a few days ago.  I ask for favor for Isaac with his new job.  I ask for peace for my family as we continue to heal with the loss of Nathan.  God I ask that you would guide us just one step at a time.  I ask that you would open the doors for us you want opened and  close the doors you want closed.  God  I ask that you would forgive me for any faults I have: pride, anger, anything that has tried to sneak into my life.  God  I thank you for this amazing day this amazing opportunity you have given to us to go out and love others and to be a blessing to them in any way that we can.  We thank you for it Lord.  ~Amen

Today begins a lovely 9 days off I'm going to have.  I am so incredibly excited for it.  What do I have planned?  Absolutely nothing for the next 5 days!  We got patio furniture yesterday so I plan to just sit out on my back patio read a book and enjoy the birds singing and the bee's flying around.  Sounds so peaceful.  In fact I'm sitting out here right now as I journal this.  Then my family and friends fly/drive into town and will be here till next Monday.  It's going to be so wonderful to see everyone but even just as awesome to celebrate little Ezekiel coming into the world.  I can't believe back in December we started planning this baby shower and now it's finally come to the week of.  Time certainly has flown by.  I'm not having a very big shower.  Less than 20 people.  Just close friends and family and it's going to be just so perfect.  And I'm so grateful that my sister is also going to do maternity photos for us when she gets into town.  And the weather is just absolutely perfect for it all!  So wonderful!

How is pregnancy going?  It's going really well.  I throw up my dinner almost every other day but all in all it's so worth it and not something that is making me frustrated, except when I'm leaning over the toilet.  I have had a crazy amount of discharge: nose mucus, cervical fluid ect; it has expanded exponentially and therefore makes it really hard to keep food down when I cough  because of the drainage then end up gagging myself then end up throwing up.  So I had to start taking some benadryl and Clariton.  They don't work amazingly but they do help at least.  So I will continue with that and hope everything will just get better.  I Know it doesn't help either it is spring time after all so pollen is everywhere.  Yesterday my amazing husband earned himself a gold star by painting my toe nails for me since I can not reach them anymore and they were sooo bad.  That's about all I have to report.  

I'm just really looking forward to this next week off so I can recoup and get ready for the final stretch of the race.  I have to say I can't believe when I go back to work I'll have just 3 weeks before I'll be full term.  I have a ton of friends/acquaintances ect who had to do fertility treatments and it seems that 37-38 weeks is the magical number where all of them are having their babies.  I think that is very interesting since we all did some sort of treatment, most of us had some sort of spotting or bleeding.  It makes me wonder if it correlates at all with stuff.  Either way we want to be prepared and ready at any point in time once I hit 37 weeks.  I have 3 friends on standby who can drive me to the hospital if my water breaks and Isaac isn't home.  Otherwise I'll labor at home until he get's there and can drive me himself.  

So that's pretty much it for today.  I think I'll probably journal a decent amount this week or maybe just one big entry with lots of pictures at the end of vacation...who knows.  I don't really care.  I'm just so excited to rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment