Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Major Nesting

So the past few days I have just wanted to get everything done.  Though yesterday I just had no energy to even try.  So I listened to my body and rested but then today really got on it.  The nursery is now completely finished...everything has been washed and is ready to go.






I also just had this overwhelming feeling last week that I needed to pack my hospital bag.  So I finished that yesterday, minus buying another pair of yoga pants and putting some things in there I can't do till right before we leave.  I say I'm pretty on the ball.

Tomorrow I plan to vacuum out my car so we can put in the car seat bases this weekend.  So we are getting all set and ready to go. 
I also had another midwife appointment today that went very well.  She went over and approved my birth plan.  She also seemed to very receptive and familiar with hypnobabies as well.  I am loving the support from the midwives I am getting on this.  Just in case anyone is interested I want to share my birth plan I turned in, I tried to keep it simple and to the point:

Devin and Isaac's Birthplan:

I will be using self-hypnosis(hypnobabies) during my birthing time. Therefore I may not be immediately responsive to questions during pressure waves. I would prefer nurses who are familiar with this technique or who enjoy natural births. I also do not want nursing interns or training to be taking place in the room with us during my birthing time as I need the environment to stay calm, quiet and peaceful.

My requests during my birthing time are as follows:


  • I do not want to be asked if I am in pain or would like pain relief. If I decide on this route I will let you know.
  • If you ask a question and I do not immediately respond I am in hypnosis so please wait until my pressure wave ends and my eyes open to converse. Or speak directly to my husband or dula. Because of the high level of concentration, I request low lights and quiet voices.
  • Please no continuous IV. A Hep-Lock is fine.
  • We would prefer intermittent monitoring and being free to move around as much as possible.
  • I would prefer warm compress/counter pressure to help reduce the risk of tearing. I do not want an episiotomy, but am willing to discuss its necessity should the occasion arise.
  • Please refrain from any medical interventions not previously agreed upon. We are happy to discuss any measures which may be deemed medically necessary prior to their implementations.
  • Please help keep the environment calm and relaxed when it’s time to push. Use soft voices and allow Devin to listen to her body’s cues and push in the position preferred, provided baby’s HR cooperates.
    For Baby:
  • Immediate skin to skin contact after birth
  • We request delayed cord clamping(we are not donating or storing the blood)
  • We would like to immediately establish nursing and bonding time as long as possible before any shots, weights or measurements are given.
  • We plan to exclusively breast feed so please no bottles or pacifiers unless discussed with us first
  • I would like to hold off on immediate/same day bathing of baby.

Thank you!


Little man is measuring directly on track and everything looks great.  I will continue to go for weekly appointments now as they check for pre-eclampsia and just keep an eye on him growing on time. 

So for now here are two different pictures from yesterday and today...its funny how depending on what I'm wearing how different my belly can look.

Yesterdays:
 Today:

I guess when it comes down to it now we are officially ready to welcome little man into the world as soon as he is ready to come.  Though of course I want him to take his time, though like I said before with how uncomfortable I feel I might be doing everything in my power to have him get here sooner rather than later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment