Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Serve A God Of Miracles

I was on my way to work and I heard a testimony come on the radio that just really spoke to me.  I'm going to try and give the shorter but to the point story:  It was a retired soldier who was sent overseas to serve in one of the wars that were taking place.  He was bunk mates with another man from another country who was a Christian and was very open about his love for Christ.  Because of this their general(who was an atheist) would really pick on this other soldier every opportunity he was given.  This particular soldier was unable to drive so the general in front of all the chief of staff wanted to use this opportunity to put down this soldier and show his incompetence.  So he told this young man to get in the hum-v and move it to a certain space while they all watched on.  The young man gets in the hum-v bows his head and prays aloud.  He asked God to give him the strength to do this and to do it correctly.  He started the hum-v and without incident was able to move it exactly where he was asked to move it.  When he got out the general came up to him and said in front of everyone.  I want to serve the God that your serving.  Come here I have something to show you.  He took the young man to the front of the hum-v and lifted the hood.  There was no engine in the car.  God heard the cry and the faith of  this young man and miraculously started the car engine and allowed it to move despite their being no way for it to take place.   

Miracles happen every day.  It's by faith....its stated so many times in the Bible.  That young man knew that the car would start.  He knew that it could be moved and it did move.   When did I lose my childlike faith?  I don't know if I have shared this with any of you readers but almost 10 years ago I used to live overseas as a missionary(it's actually where I met my husband).  During that time I was privileged to witness miracles.   I was able to be an instrument and tool that the Lord used in order to see some of these things take place.  I have seen demon's cast out, tumors disappear miraculously.  I have seen those hurting and broken made whole.  I have seen it time and time again.  But since then in the midst of the fires it slowly chipped away at my faith.  But God never changed....I did.  I know that the God who did miracles in the Bible is still the same God that I serve.  But He had said: 

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12

I want to get back to that childlike faith.  Even since I've been married and and adult I may not have seen the open miracles like I saw when living overseas but I know they exist on a daily basis. 

Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  Hebrews 11:1

So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strenghtened in faith as you were taught and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7

This is one that I feel I have to repeat to myself every day now:

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

He is always faithful.  Time and time again He has provided for us miraculously.  God I want that childlike faith again.  Just like a child jumping off a couch into her daddies arms they know they will be caught and they leap without reservation laughing and giggling the whole time.  I want that with you.  I want to leap without thinking or second guessing.  I want to be a blessing to others with it.  God I want to be a blessing to others.  But I think on top of that I want to be able to believe and leap with faith knowing you will give us the child we were promised.  You will bring Ezekiel into this world.  It will happen.  We will have our family.  We will take in the orphans, the hurting and the broken.

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. James 1:27


God at this point right at this moment I don't care when it happens as long as it happens in your timing.  God we are following your leading and walking through the doors you open for us.  I ask that you would guide us completely.  Show us how far we walk down this path before we turn and continue down the other.  God I know that you see the big picture you always have.  You are a God of miracles and there are so many women who are out their who know and believe your word: 


There will be no miscarriages or infertility in your land, and I will give you long, full lives. Exodus 23:26

God that is a pure and undefiled promise for it came from you.  You who are the God of miracles.  You spoke the entire universe into existence.  You know us all by name.  You paint the sunsets every evening.  
"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. "So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.  Mathew 10:29-31

God if you take care of all of that, how can I not believe you will give me a child, or not even just one but many! 
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate.  Psalm 127:4-5

No more doubt not more unbelief.  

But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I BELIEVED, THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe, therefore we also speak, knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.…2 Corinthians 4:13-14

He is always the same.  It's when it happens not if it happens.

The same goes for you ladies out there struggling with fertility.  God sees your hearts and He sees your desires.  He is a good God who gives us our hearts desires:

Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.  Psalm 34:4-5

This is His promise to us.  It will happen for you ladies.  This is a hard journey.  Something so overwhelming, but no one said that faith was easy.  Actually it is quite the opposite that is why it is faith.  But because of that when the victory comes it is that much sweeter. 

I serve a God of miracles.  And He is bringing my miracle to me.  I know it.  I do not doubt it.  My family is coming.  And I will persevere every day until it is here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment