Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Joy In This Journey

I really can not explain the change; all I can do is attribute it to an answer of prayer.  I feel so incredibly excited and happy about this month.  About this whole journey.  About where I am in life.  About it all.  It's as if a veil has been torn from my eyes and I see the world with the beauty that is truly there.  It was so easy to get into the woe is me, poor me, how horrible this is attitude.

But right now I feel like I'm seeing the world through a fresh set of eyes and it is amazing!  It's invigorating.  I don't know what to say.   All I can say is I'm determined to not let this journey ruin who I was or rather who I am or who I want to become.  I am a woman of God.  I am a positive, joyful person.  And I want that joy to radiate through me every day. 

 Proverbs 17:22 
 NIV-A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

NLT-A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-22 
Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20 do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil. 


Matthew 15:11
It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.


Romans 8:28-31
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And those he predestined, he also called;those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  



Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. 


Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 


Sometimes when those moments grab you and all you want to do is scream at the world and say F- you!  When you see those who don't deserve to be parents with children or you see yet another end to a disappointing month.  In the end it is your actions that will bring on your attitude.  This isn't to say I won't have negative thoughts.  Cause believe me oh I will.  I will still get sad or upset.  But it's what I do during those times that will determine how my mind and body respond.

It reminds me of what James talked about in the Bible (James 3) where a tiny little rudder moves a whole ship, and just a little spark can set a whole forest aflame.  So my words can control my attitude, my mind and how I feel.  If I start thinking how unjust, unfair, angry, bitter ect; ect; that I am then I will begin to feel that way.  How can I find my joy in that?  I can't all I can do is lay it at the alter and continue on.

I don't know what my future has in store.  But I'm excited to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment