Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I'm actually having a normal cycle!

So this morning I woke up and had an almost positive ovulation test.  The test line and the control line were equal in darkness.  So then I decided to go ahead and take another one in the afternoon since I know I haven't gotten a positive ovulation test in quite some time and that you can miss the surge if you do not test frequently enough.  Well as soon as I dipped the stick in the cup I immediately see the test line show up and get darker faster than the control line.  And even after it is dried we are all good:


I'm just so incredibly excited!  I have never had such a "normal cycle on my own".  First with my three day period(something I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around even though it has already come and gone.  The fact I'm only on cycle day 14 and I'm getting ready to ovulate.  I just hope its a true ovulation and not a O here is your positive but then it is still a few days for the egg to be released.  We've had plenty of sex so I think we are covered on the did we have enough sex stage of things.

Now I'm just trying to decide what I should do about my progesterone.  I am not sure if I will take it the day I get my temp jump or if I will wait two days to make sure I actually already ovulated.  Either way this is so exciting! 

However I do have to say I saw a big difference with sex today(since we both knew we had to have it)  It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong and quite enjoyable but there wasn't that freedom feeling that I had for the beginning of the month where we were having sex only because we wanted to.

But now we are finished.  Even if we don't get our temp jump tomorrow I will let it go...we've got plenty of swimmers up there waiting to meet the egg.

So now I just hope to not over analyze everything during this two week wait.  Though last month when I got pregnant I didn't feel any different what so ever except for major heartburn but I don't know if that is from the pregnancy or just the fact that we were on vacation and I was eating way more junk food than I should have.

So now I can't wait to go to sleep just so I can check my temperature in the morning.  Pathetic I know. 

1 comment: