Saturday, February 7, 2015

One Day at a Time

Last night I tossed and turned so much that I finally gave up and just got out of bed.  I would go from a state of complete and utter stress and freak out to peace knowing God is going to take care of us.  So at about 3 am I got out of bed came downstairs and pulled out the baby blanket I am knitting for Ezekiel to work on while worship music played.  I let myself cry, pray and listen.  I would have my moments of break down and almost on que a beautiful song would come on about either God's faithfulness, Praising Him in the midst of trials and so forth. 

At about 5 am I finally felt myself getting tired so I went to bed but got up about 10 am.  So still not quite as much sleep as I wanted or needed.  But I also had so much heart burn last night that I started throwing up.  It felt like acid reflux really bad.  So I am definitely going to mention that to my midwife and see if there is anything they can give me to help with that.  It's been getting really bad every time after I eat or drink without having anything help even if I try not to eat after a certain time.  I lost a little weight, I think in part because I've been trying NOT to eat too late(aka after I get off work at 9pm) so that I don't have as bad of heartburn.  But it really isn't working either way.

So this morning after I got up I called the healthcare.gov people and that we needed to see what we could qualify for in the cheap insurance area to compare the price against the cobra so we went over Isaac's lay off, how much I made last year, that we are expecting a baby in June ect;  The woman I worked with was so incredibly sweet and helpful.  I actually started crying, okay no lets be honest almost bawling at one point, well the point when she asked if anyone is pregnant.  She was so sweet and understanding and just kept saying "Oh honey it's going to be okay, you don't have to be upset.  Were gonna take care of you.  It will all work out.  I've actually been there before twice."  After all was said and done we got it all worked out.  I will be going on medicaid until Isaac finds a job.  Thankfully everything will be paid for and I don't have to stress about the hospital bills that have been coming in though I paid everything up to date already.  Just Friday morning I had just sent in a $260 check for our anatomy scan from last month, our insurance didn't cover as much as I had hoped they would.    The only thing I am praying for with this is that I can still deliver with my midwives at the hospital I'm at.  I really pray they will accept Medicaid.  

So that was a huge weight off of our shoulders.  And Isaac also got a bunch of leads from different friends who work in IT/Development work telling him to send them his resume and they would pass it on to their bosses so that just lifted the weight so much more. 

As Isaac and I are talking about all of this we just looked at each other and smiled and both said almost at the same time how relieved we were.  We just both know that everything will end up working out and that God will indeed provide for us like He always has.  Ezekiel then started kicking like crazy so I lifted my shirt and we both were able to actually see my belly move!  It was amazing!  Isaac and I just looked at it and had to smile.  We were reminded what is REALLY important in life. 

I didn't feel comfortable really going out and celebrating my birthday like we planned to but we found a good compromise.  We went to Sonic for lunch then went over to Burlington Coat Factory and registered for the rest of the baby stuff we need/wanted that we did not see at Target.  Then as my birthday present I was able to find two pairs of work maternity pants for only $15 each-something I needed and a $10 movie-something I wanted and called it a really good fun day. 

I still keep getting moments of sheer panic wondering how the hell is everything going to work out.  But I know it will.   It always will.  We have been in harder situations than this.  When Isaac and I first go married I was the only one working since Isaac couldn't find work after college.  That was a very very very hard year.  But now Isaac has experience under his belt.  A lot of people rooting for him.  And I know that God is going to bring it all together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment