Monday, February 23, 2015

One More Week To Viability!

Today I hit 23 weeks.  And little man has not stopped moving all day.  And of course I love it.  Forgive the messy look today...I was running around all morning with Dr appointments, picking up prescriptions ect;

Speaking of Dr appointments I had my endocrinologist appointment today.  Two weeks ago I had my labs drawn and was supposed to have an appointment with them last week but I ended up having to reschedule due to Isaac's lay off/insurance stuff I didn't know if it would be covered to the end of the month.  So I had called last week to find out if I needed to change my thyroid medication dosage since I had never heard from the Dr.  I was told no your labs are normal she will talk with you next week when you come in.  So okay no problem.  Well I go in today to find that my labs were not normal, my thyroid tsh jumped again from 1.9 to 3.11 so she is increasing my dosage again till after the baby comes.  Then once the baby comes she immediately wants me to go down to my the first dosage I was on and then get labs drawn 6 weeks post pardom to figure out what I should be on after the baby comes.

She said it wasn't a big deal that my medication wasn't increased right away since the baby now has his own thyroid but I was still a little annoyed...not at her but at whoever gave me the info without talking with the Dr and just assuming I was good.  But it's done it's over.  I had noticed lately I was getting dizzy spells again and just feeling a little foggy.  I wondered if it was my thyroid again but when they said I was fine I assumed maybe then it was just me being pregnant after all.  But now it makes a little more sense.

This was my last visit with her though since she will be moving to Philly in a few weeks.  She almost cried in the office today when I asked her how preparations for moving are going.  She said she never expected this she thought they would be able to settle here in Pittsburgh and got all teary eyed and choked up.  I just wanted to hug her.  But she put me with another Dr and I was told that she is a really good one so I'm happy about that.

Next week I will officially be at viability for this pregnancy!  I am so excited!  I feel like its the next milestone for me.  I also can't believe in just a month I'll be in my final trimester!  Wow that just seems amazing!  In three weeks(when I hit 26 weeks) I'm to begin my daily regimen of hypnobabies to start preparing myself for meditative labor.  I've decided I'll be doing that in the nursery with the door closed and just relaxing in the rocking chair. 

Things are really coming together for everything.  We have most everything for the nursery that we want to get before the shower.  All we need left is the dresser and a lamp.  Today I decided to go ahead and put the bedding unwashed on the crib set just to see what it would look like and let my cats get acclimated with having something there so that once I do wash it they will leave it alone without being so crazy curious.







Here is the bedding we have, its neutral and nothing too crazy and I think will go well with the Calvin and Hobbes theme of everything.  Those are the Calvin and Hobbes pillow cases I bought laying on the inside of the crib. 

Emotionally I feel SO much better.  I actually feel like that is an understatement.  I needed that alone time so much.  I also know I need to figure out a way to make it a priority from here on out.  Even if that means I will just have to wake up 30 minutes earlier and lock myself away in the nursery.  I already feel it is starting to become my sanctuary. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Devin, just to let you know I read all your posts and I really hope your husband finds a job soon. Also I really pray that God will take care of your brothers and your parents.
    I am also very happy to see your baby boy is growing well, God is great and all will be well Amen.

    ReplyDelete