Saturday, August 23, 2014

Devotion

"By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised."  Hebrews 11:11

"If we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

No matter how I feel right now He is faithful.  There is not denying that.  Over and over and over again He has proven this in my life.  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:11-13

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


Going through this right now will make it even more incredibly special when the time comes.  Even if I feel sad or upset at certain moments that is okay.  I not only have hope but I have faith.  I know my God is faithful even in the midst of a world full of unfaithfulness.  He is always there for us. 

"Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."  Romans 5:1-5

We are going to have our baby.  We are going to get that beautiful son, our beautiful adopted children.  We will have our family:

"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19

A while ago I put away the blanket I was knitting  by faith for our baby to be.  It was getting hard to knit it with a smile.  It had turned from a thing of joy to a thing of depression just a reminder of failure after failure.  But now that I actually got my first ever positive pregnancy test I feel I need to pull it out again.  I need to knit each row knowing and believing that my baby is coming.  I will be holding them soon.  God will not lie.  He will hold fast to His promises.  No matter how dark the valley He will walk us through it.  



"And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10  

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy; they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness. He sent redemption to his people; he has commanded his covenant forever. Holy and awesome is his name!"  Psalm 111:7-9 

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords, for his steadfast love endures forever; to him who alone does great wonders, for his steadfast love endures forever; to him who by understanding made the heavens, for his steadfast love endures forever" Psalm 136:1-2

Psalm 40[a]

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
    and put their trust in him.
Blessed is the one
    who trusts in the Lord,
who does not look to the proud,
    to those who turn aside to false gods.[b]
Many, Lord my God,
    are the wonders you have done,
    the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
    were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
    they would be too many to declare.
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire—
    but my ears you have opened[c]
    burnt offerings and sin offerings[d] you did not require.
Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—
    it is written about me in the scroll.[e]
I desire to do your will, my God;
    your law is within my heart.”
I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly;
    I do not seal my lips, Lord,
    as you know.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
    I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.
I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
    from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord;
    may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
12 For troubles without number surround me;
    my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
    and my heart fails within me.
13 Be pleased to save me, Lord;
    come quickly, Lord, to help me.
14 May all who want to take my life
    be put to shame and confusion;
may all who desire my ruin
    be turned back in disgrace.
15 May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!”
    be appalled at their own shame.
16 But may all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
    “The Lord is great!”
17 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    may the Lord think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
    you are my God, do not delay.




1 comment:

  1. There are so many countries in the world that do not have Bibles in their language. Thank you Lord that I live in a country where I can choose a Bible in a style of my choosing that I might grow closer to you and be with the desire to be more like your Son Jesus Christ.

    In reading Psalm 40, I am reminding of my pit moment when the life I planned did not go according to my plan. I felt very unsure that my purpose would be. Bear in mind, for me to pray for myself is something that I didn't do. Knowing that God knows my entire life from before I at that time, that He knows every thought in my head before I think them or every act before I do them, what would I tell him that he already knows. But he reassured me then telling me that he had better plans for me. That still small voice is of great comfort. God knows but I still don't know what he has it store. I too shall want patiently talking to him, thanking him for knowing me, my constant thoughts of worry and that he still loves me right where I am.

    Several years later, I drove home ready to pull into the driveway, and saw a pure white dove on my front yard. Wow! Thank you Lord, you know what I need just at the your right time. I wonder if that dove represents the Holy Spirit as in scripture. So many questions of how God is working in my life.

    Matthew 3:16-17

    16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

    I have a baby blanket that I started when we first got married, and have not yet finished it hoping that it will be finished in God's timing. I began another baby blanket of granny squares with several pastel colors, and the mind wanders with so many thoughts while holding the yarn against your body. I was still trying to work out the colors, worrying about my age about six months eight months back. During a dream that night (this dream was while sleeping, different than the vision that occurred after I awoke and opened my eyes) was my little baby girl, long eye lashes, pierced ears (I would do that too her? ouch, now I'll think twice) and she was perfect barely able to stand walking on that very blanket toward me. The colors were worked out, just the five colors instead, skip the six color. I wish I knew it that dream was from God, my heart, or subconscious.

    Your blanket is beautiful, as God weaves your life together, with the husband he foretold you of, until the world is ready for your son to bring God's work. From these writing words, in Jesus name...your sister in Christ

    ReplyDelete