Thursday, August 14, 2014

Is this real? I'm pregnant!!!!!

I can not even believe it!  I'm so incredibly excited!  Yesterday I was having lower back pain and I went to the bathroom and had light spotting when I wiped but nothing else.  My period isn't due until Saturday.  Well I woke up this morning at 6 am took my temperature got up to use the bathroom then went back to bed.  So when my alarm went off at 7:30 am I have no idea what it was that made me want to take a test.  I knew it was going to be negative.  But I took one and it had a tiny little faint line show up:

So then I start to kick myself.  Why on earth did I not take one this morning when I had held it all night instead of taking one an hour and a half after I already peed.  So then at that moment Isaac walks back into the house he had left for work and hour ago but forgot something he needed so came back to get it.  So I showed him the test and he saw the line.( its much more noticeable in person than in pictures)

So I decided I'm not going to let myself pee again till my lunch break and I'll take one at work on my lunch break.  So 12:30 rolls around and boom.  Another faint positive this one was really hard to get a good picture of:



The line is definitely there.  So then I'm like maybe what if they are both evaporation lines.  Though I know it's highly unlikely to get evaporation lines in two different tests.  So I send a pic to my sister and she called me and told me she could definitely make out the other line.  I have to be pregnant.  So I decided since I have some digital tests at home that will say pregnant not pregnant.....that I would try one of those and I would not go to the bathroom for as long as I could in order to get the most accurate response.  

So I waited and for those of you who know you can't use the bathroom suddenly have to use the bathroom so bad.  Just like in a movie theater you know you shouldn't get up to go but you just have to go so bad.  So that was me all afternoon but I held out and on my way home decided to pick up a different kind of pregnancy test as well so I could do the digital and a pink dye test. 

So I got home peed in a cup and started freaking out!  I'm pregnant!
Looks like it is official.  I still don't know what to think.  I'm so incredibly excited but keep asking myself is this real?  Is this a dream? 

But I guess after four confirmed tests I can't deny it anymore:






I feel so incredibly blessed.  God knew I was at the point where I felt I was done.  I didn't know how I would handle another failed cycle....even though I was still having my doubts on if this cycle even worked.


We called my mother in law to tell her and apparently she had us on her blue tooth on the car and she started screaming and crying so hysterically and when she could finally talk she yelled. Oh my Gosh!  I just had to pull over I couldn't even drive!  She was ecstatic and her hysteria made all of us laugh and cry. 

I'm so excited.  On Monday I go in for my blood work to confirm and see what the numbers are. 

I have so many emotions going through my mind right now so many exciting things.  I can't even think straight.

This is just the next chapter on the journey to motherhood. 







2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! Devin!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God never lies and God does not ever break His promises

    ReplyDelete